Archive for October, 2011
We analysed the results of Info Edge India Ltd for Quarter ending Sep-2011. Naukri.Com showing a solid 27% growth, 99acres.com showing decent though decelerating momentum with a 40% growth and Jeevansathi.com chugging along modestly with a ~6% growth.
The core Recruitment Solutions engine is showing signs of a pause as corporates postpone recruitment on the back of Governance Deficit and Scams in India. Management was more muted than last time, especially on the 99acres front where rising interest rates have led to a cutback in property listings.
In the context of Indian market, Naukri and 99acres continue to lead Read the rest of this entry »
Lava Mobiles just a while ago has launched S12 – its first Android Smartphone which provides users with 3D interface & stunning looks for a superior sensorial experience.
S12 is a matte leather finish lends a contemporary feel to the phone and is expected to grab the attention of the youth. The phone has a smart outlook with rounded top & bottom edges that not only makes the phone comfortable to hold but it gives it a stylish curved look. The metallic silver finish on the hard keys and edges makes the phone stand out from the rest. Read the rest of this entry »
DoT’s legal cell has been stating that 3G roaming agreements (between Airtel/Vodafone/Idea) are illegal. While their Administrative wing states,
Intra Service Area roaming in 3G network where one of the operators does not have 3G spectrum shall not be treated as spectrum sharing.
Airtel & Vodafone Argue,
as part of the pre-auction clarifications, DoT responded positively to the query about whether such agreements between telcos not having pan-India spectrum would be permitted. So DoT’s case is currently weak.
We believe that while there are four slots of 3G per circle, all the top seven companies (Bharti, Vodafone, Idea, RCOM, BSNL, Tata, Aircel) are competing everywhere. In a non-roaming scenario, at the very least, competitive pressure will go down.
Most relevant players will become pan-India Read the rest of this entry »
We have obtained the Draft of National Telecom Policy 2011 – NTP 2011 Draft. Here are the proposals from the Government and our analysis on the same.
- Increase rural teledensity from the current level of around 35 to 60 by the year 2017 and 100 by the year 2020.
- Broadband – Right to Every Indian – make broadband on demand available by the year 2015. 175 million broadband connections by the year 2017. 600 million by the year 2020.
- Broadband – Minimum Speed 2 Mbps download speed and making available higher speeds of atleast 100 Mbps on demand.
- Broadband Coverage to all Villages in India by 2014
- Broadband Minimum Speed to be upgraded to 512 kbps in 2011 and 2 Mbps by 2020
- 80% Indian telecom sector demand through domestic manufacturing with a value addition of 65% by the year 2020.
- Indian Mobile / Cellular / Wireless 2G Users have a reason to Cheer – One Nation – Full Mobile Number Portability and work towards One Nation – Free Roaming.
- Spectrum – Make available a whopping 300 MHz for the industry by 2017 and 500 MHz to 2020
- Spectrum Act – Introduce a Spectrum Act in the Parliament to avoid 2G Kind of Scam. Delink the licensing of Networks from the delivery of Service to the end users to facilitate faster roll out of services
- Encourage Applications for Rural India, machine to Machine Communications etc
In short, the NTP 2011 is full of reforms for the Consumers. However, industry is seeking some direction and road-map as well to make large investments. You can Download the Entire National Telecom Policy Draft here.