+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Connect 3G for Aakash Tablet / Ubislate Android Devices ?

How to Connect 3G for Aakash Tablet / Ubislate Android Devices ?

The Indian Market is flooded with low cost Android based convergence devices. The Superhit Aakash Android Tablet backed by the Government of India does not have 3G connectivity using SIM Card. Internet access is restricted by just the Wi-Fi for interface. However, with additional storage on mind, the designers of Aakash have given a USB Port which can also be used to connect 3G USB Dongle and go on the High Speed Internet.

Instructions for Setting Up 3G Internet on Aakash Tablet / Ubislate Android Device
    1. Plug-in the 3G USB Dongle to your Aakash or Ubislate Android Device. If you are unable to Plugin due to USB port size then you may have to get a Micro to Mini USB Adapter.
    2. Go to Settings of the Android Tablet Device and Choose - Wireless & Network Settings
    3. Diable Wi-Fi if it is enabled as Wi-Fi and 3G Dongle Network interfaces will conflict each other.
    4. Now Check 3G [This is Android Software's Feature and should be Available]
    5. Wait for few seconds, 3G will be Turned On.
    6. Now choose Mobile Networks -> and Go to Access Point Names
    7. Select New APN and insert your network providers details. List of APN / GPRS Settings for Indian Mobile Operators is here.
    8. In the Above step, if the APN / GPRS Setting is correctly accepted, a Round Button at the Right End after the APN name will Glow Green. That means you are all set and ready to go
    9. Within the next 2 minutes you are connected using 3G on your Aakash Tablet / Android Device

I am not sure if this works with CDMA EVDO based Dongles like Tata Photon+ / MTS MBlaze.

It is available for Sale on http://ncarry.com/aakash-tablet-pc/

Personally, I didn't like it much since I have used Samsung Galaxy :-)

Specifically Aakash is nothing special. But waiting for Aakash2!

aaksash tablet manual

hi i have recently bought aakash tablet, can you tell me how can i use it - wi fi settings, games download, etc.

There is no option of 3G in Aakash. Does anybody have idea about how to enable it? I want to connect ZTE AC871
    reliance netconnect modem with Aakash.

Hi

Thanks for the help. I have 2 problems
    In step No 4 , My device is showing as " Set up 3g network" and when I further tap it it gives me two options - Add 3G network and 3G dongle support list. In 3 G dongle support list it shows a list of modems . The reliance modem no i am using is EC 150, which is not in the list.Should I change the modem or what do I do ? Is there any service provider who uses the modems mentioned in the list

Pls help

Thanks

Anil

Try directly adding 3G network. It is possible that Android will recognize and associate EC 150 card with Generic one and get you going by asking for Access Point.

+ Reply to Thread